This week I started a new eating plan and I am missing my yummy, comfort foods a little so I thought I would participate in this week's Ten on Tuesday hosted by Roots and Rings since it is all about food!
1. What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
Ketchup made with high fructose corn syrup and spicy mustard are always in my fridge. I would say some sort of salad dressing is always in there as well. Typically I go for balsamic vinaigrette but sometimes I get a craving for some other kind.
2. How do you like your steak cooked? Your burgers?
I like my burgers cooked well done and my steaks cooks medium rare. Although most restaurants over cook the steak when you ask for medium rare which is disappointing. I rarely eat red meat and want my steak perfect when I do. A1 is definitely a must have for steaks.
3. What's your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
I love eating fresh tomatoes sliced all by themself. Yum, yum.
4. What's your go to dinner when you haven't planned anything in advance and don't feel like going out?
Kraft Deluxe 2% mac n cheese. Sooooo yummy. Mac n cheese is a complete meal, right?
5. What's your favorite snack food lately?
I have been craving Sour Patch Kids a lot lately. I used to be obsessed with those as a kid. I can definitely eat an entire pack in one sitting if I don't watch myself. My favorite go to healthy snack is a banana or a spoon full of natural peanut butter.
6. What's your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home?
Typically on the weekends I will eat eggs and toast for breakfast. It is super easy and I am not too talented at making breakfast foods. I also love french toast though. I never make it myself. Lately I have been trying to lose weight and french toast with syrup isn't exactly healthy.
7. What's your favorite thing to grill? How do you do it?
The only grill I own is a George Foreman. Tilapia is my favorite thing to fix on it. It only takes 5 minutes to cook and it is a super healthy option for dinner when paired with zucchini and a side salad.
8. What's your favorite wine for under $10? If you are not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
I love wine. I don't live near a Trader Joe's but I have friends in Charlotte and when I visit them I always stock up on different options on their wines that are under $5. Some are pretty good and others are terrible but they are inexpensive so it isn't a big deal if I don't care for the wine. My favorite beer would be Blue Moon, Shock Top, or Mothership Wit. Typically I keep Coors Lite in the fridge though.
9. Give us your most delicious cocktail receipe?
Well, my cocktail receipes aren't trade secrets. I like cranberry and vodka or rum and diet coke.
10. How do you like your eggs?
I love eggs. I will eat them fried or scrambled. Typically I eat fried eggs though.