Sunday, August 28, 2011

My 100th Post

This is my 100th blog post! Yay! I wish I had something more awesome to blog about for this post but it is just a typical post.


Last night I went out with two friends to see Jesco White at a local bar. He was going to dance. Unfortunately he was dancing a little too hard the night before and he hurt his ankle. So no dancing for us. The bands still played and they were very good. I'm quite disappointed I didn't get to see Jesco dance. Hopefully I will get another chance.

If you don't know who Jesco White is watch this video. It is the video trailer of the documentary The Dancing Outlaw. The White Family is also featured in the more recent documentary The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia (click on the link to see the trailer). If you have Netflix Instant this is available for instant streaming. It is a very interesting portrayal of the White family. I found is fascinating because it is a way of life of which I am not accustomed. In no way am I promoting the White's lifestyle. The White family is just an interesting case study.



dress: Ross; shoes: Dolce Vita via Hautelook; necklace: Forever21; bracelets: Charming Charlie; earrings (that you can't really see but are totally awesome): Target

I curled my hair using a tutorial posted by A Pretty Penny. It was my first try and I thought it turned out fairly nice. Thanks Keira for the awesome tutorial!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love the neutral look you have going on here with the different textures. It looks lovely.

rebeccawithanR

Ana said...

you look great, and I totally love the dress :)

Julia said...

I've just found your blog & become a follower with google :)

You hair looks really pretty curled and I LOVE that dress, the colour is stunning on you & I really like the detail at the top.

xo

Julia said...

Whoops! I forgot to say congrats on your 100th post xo

Camelia said...

this is adorable, i love the knotted necklace, and the dress looks fantastic on you :)

Style Journey said...

Cute dress and I love your tattoos! Your hair looks really pretty. I haven't curled my hair for ages!